|Posted by Probe Specialists on September 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM|
How to Receive Top Dollar for Your House
Do you have clients which are planning to put their house on the market? To help them receive top dollar, a home inspection by Probe Fine Property Inspections can discover common maintenance issues that may need up front repair. Real Estate professionals agree it’s better to get problems taken care of before you have an offer on your home. After a contract and inspection, buyers may ask for a greater price reduction to cover repair costs than is actually needed. Additionally, some types of financing, such as VA or FHA loans, have special requirements. To get loan approval, your home may be required to have good drainage, functional kitchen appliances and home heating, no peeling paint or other items.
Some of the most common maintenance issues inspectors typically find include windows, moisture stains on eaves or soffits, painting, plumbing issues, safety-related problems with the electricity or minor repairs; cracks in concrete sidewalks/driveways. To up your game in selling your home, the professionals at Probe Specialists recommend you consider the following before putting your house on the market:
• Make certain tubs, showers, toilets, are functioning properly and have good drainage
• Hose bibs have functioning anti-siphon valves
• Replace burn out bulbs
• Make sure ceiling fans are operational
• Kitchen appliances need to be in good working order
• Touch up paint inside and out
• Have windows and carpets cleaned, if necessary re-stretch carpet
• Repair concrete lifting of sidewalks which may be considered a tripping hazard
• Repair moisture damaged to fascia boards, eaves, soffits
• Ensure roof and ceiling have been repaired, especially if damaged by hail
Get a HOME INSPECTION by an inspector which exceeds minimum AZ Standards
Even the succession of little things uncovered in an inspection adds up, mentally, to the buyer. It makes them wonder, “Is this going to be a bad or good home?” You may want to make cosmetic changes or small repairs on your own. Other items require a licensed professional. Up your game…contact PROBE SPECIALISTS TODAY to order your home inspection.